Who Can Apply?
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC)
- LGBTQ2S, Queer & Trans individuals
- makers, artists, or creatives; who
- are planning on selling their works at a show or event; and
- who live within the ShowWiz geographic catchment (roughly Cornwall to Deep River to Belleville, including Gatineau/Alymer).
- The application process relies on applicants to self-identify.
- Indigenous encompasses First Nation, Metis, and Inuit people.
- Applicants who are both new/emerging creator and established businesses may apply. Priority will be given to applicants who are emerging creators and/or smaller businesses.
- Successful applicants will be sent their funds through electronic money transfers (EMTs). As such applicants must be able to receive money in this way.
- While applicants can re-apply in subsequent quarters, priority will be given to applicants who have not already received a grant in the previous 12 month period.
What sort of expenses can be covered?
Expenses must be related to your involvement in a craft or vendor show. A non-exhaustive list of such expenses:
- table fees
- display equipment (racks, table cloths, tables, etc)
- raw materials for your craft/art
- travel costs associated with the day of the show
- Shows that you are applying for funding for must be after the close of submissions for the current round. The current round of submissions closes September 30th, 2020.
- Due to the exceptional circumstances that COVID-19 represents, virtual shows can count.
How are successful applicants selected?
The Selection Committee convenes 3 times a year (unless otherwise stated) and will select successful applicants based on the amount of funds available. Priority is given to applicants who have not received a ShowUp grant in the previous 12 month period. From within eligible applicants, priority will be given to QTBIPOC creators, then BIPOC creators, and then, if capabilities and funds remain, QT creators.
Applicant pools will be considered quarterly with the exception of December. More precisely, applications will be considered at the end of March, June, and September.
The current round of submissions closes September 30th, 2020.
All applications will be reviewed by members of the Selection Committee who will make their decisions. All funding will be at the final discretion of the Selection Committee and ShowWiz.
What do successful applicants receive?
Successful applicants receive:
- a grant (valued at $50-$250) based on their submitted request/budget;
- a 6 month subscription to ShowWiz Vendor+;
- a Getting Started resource package;
- an (optional) spotlight on ShowWiz social media and website.
What is expected of successful applicants?
Successful applicants are expected to:
- be okay with their business name and link appearing on the fund website;
- provide a statement that explains what the fund enabled them to do and how it helped them;
- if wanting to the spotlight on social media: a picture and a brief biography.
How do you apply?
Applicants are asked to fill out this application form for consideration.